Friday, August 17, 2007

Thunderstorms

There's something so comforting about being inside your home during a violent thunderstorm.

From inside you can hear the rain slamming down like iron pellets against your shaky windows.

The rooms always get shaded and gloomy. This darkness gives me an an ironically pleasant feeling of isolation, but I know my own company is enough to satisfy my mind.

The ominous skies are to blame for such bleak, shadowy skies.
I find strange comfort in such dreariness.

During these kinds of storms, a dim light, a comfy blanket, and the knowledge that you're safe from the harsh arguments mother nature occasionally has with herself--the angry bickering occuring right outside your front door--offer such a feeling of warmth and security.

I love thunderstorms. I look forward to them in the summer. I'm also fond of a Friday night that consists of staying in alone, keeping inside myself, and, if inspired by some whimsical thought while listening to that pitter-pattering against my window, writing a song and playing a little guitar.

Not to mention giving my doggie a few kisses...

...and this is exactly what I am going to do tonight.



Here he is. Little Chippy. 10 years old but doesn't look a day older than 6 weeks.<3

-G

No comments: