Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Ok here we go. Just 10 days remain in my NYC adventure. I truly hope those 10 days manage to crawl by gracefully with a snail-like slowness, as I'm enjoying my experience here in the East Village far too much to watch it slip away. However, just in case these days do happen to flash by in a dizzying blur like life tends to do, I figured I should make the absolute most of the remainder of my stay here by documenting everything that's worth documenting (e.g. putting on my socks in the morning is not worthy of documenting) in my favorite form of expression: Songwriting. And maybe I'll throw in a cell phone photo or two.

Just simply being in the city each day fills my head with great ponderings, laughter, and surprise.

Last night I was standing in the kitchen with my ear to the wall, listening in on a seemingly highly inebriated couple's absurd heated argument about cheating and their contempt for each other and how "DOUGLAS, I'M DONE WITH YOU...YOU'RE SUCH A #$@#%@ HYPOCRITE! JUST LET ME TAKE A BATH AND STOP TORTURING ME YOU $%&#@^!!"

Now that little episode between Douglas and whatever-her-name-is (I think he referred to her as $@$!#&, though I can't verify that) definitely deserves mention in a song (or more suitably in some alternative psychology textbook)

So. Please bookmark this blog and visit frequently over the next 10 days.
I want to share with you all my experiences in NYC, all that inspires me, and the process of turning these inspiring things into actual songs. I wont be posting the songs in video, audio, or text form, but maybe, just maybe, I'll record one of them someday. Who knows? Maybe I'll get a whole 10-track album out of this? Time will tell.

Now it's time for me to be on my way, to step out onto the endless-possibility-ridden-streets, and conduct some unconscious research on every single little thing that catches my curious eyes.

Yep. Ok here we go..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Love that you listened to the couple next to you...we all do that but some of us don't acknowledge it. Ha! Also....love your music! Your "about me" is too great. If only! I have followed you and look forward to more postings. Thank you for the chuckle this morning.

Wayne said...

Love it! Looking forward to more posts.
Remember, Douglas might have HIS ear to the wall too. He'd be getting the better deal though.
Enjoy the rest of your trip!