Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What's been going on!!

Ok. Here we are. April 27th, 2011.

I'm sitting here peacefully in my East Village apartment. Even though my bedroom window is open and I can hear all-too-well the sounds of cars, trash trucks, & motorcycles zooming by, tires squeaking, constant sirens, random shrieks coming from the mouths of random cranky pedestrians, I still feel a sense peace this morning. These otherwise obnoxious sounds have come to replace the bird chirping and breezy trees in Pennsylvania as my sounds of serenity.

Only a few days remain in my stay here in NYC.

I know I had promised to blog everyday about my experiences in the city as well as the adventures that would be inspire my songwriting.

Well, promises aren't always meant to be kept. Blame the city though, not me.

As you might be aware, Manhattan is quite a large island (or peninsula to be accurate). My stay here has been my most lovely and exciting sojourn in my recent memory, not too mention a spectacular distraction, hence the non-blogging.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you a little bit about what's been going on in my career.

Earlier this month I signed with my very first manager, Cindy DaSilva.

I'm SO truly excited about this partnership. Cindy is one AWESOME lady with so many fresh ideas. I absolutely adore her. A GOOD manager is VERY hard to find, so I feel so fortunate to be managed by daSilva Artists.

We have many things in the works right now, including an Americana/AAA radio campaign, for which we've partnered with Serious Bob Promotions, who has been around a very long time in the business, and has been successful at helping artists crossover into the realm of Americana/Rock/AAA.

The new CD, "Can't Control Myself" was sent to 150 stations, and I've already gotten several adds this week, with hopefully more to be added in the coming weeks.

Let's see. What else?

Well, in the first half of this month, around the time I performed at the renowned Berks Jazz Festival, my original song "Gimme a Simple Song" reached as high as #94 of over 15 MILLION mp3's available for download on Amazon.com...I think that's pretty cool.

I've also gotten some great reviews on the new CD, including a killer review from About.com, which you can read here: http://blues.about.com/od/cddvdreview1/fr/Gina-Sicilia-Cant-Control-Myself-2011.htm

Yep. It's been a GREAT April.

Coming up: I'll be attending the 2011 Blues Music Awards on May 5th in Memphis, Tennessee, and I'm incredibly excited to return to Memphis and reunite with some of my best musical friends. The BMAs are ALWAYS a blast.

Following the Blues Music Awards, I will be performing at the 25th Annual Carolina Blues Festival in Greensboro, NC. I'll be performing with Bob Margolin's band, which includes my good friend and former band mate Matt Hill.

I will be filling in on that day for the talented Ann Rabson, who's had some health issues arise, and wont be able to perform at the festival. I send her my love and best wishes.

On May 20th, I'll be opening for the great John Hammond at the Sellersville Theatre in Sellersville, PA. I love this venue and am super excited about the gig.

Exciting things are happening and hopefully more exciting things are to come!

I feel very proud for being 26 years old and having 3 studio albums under my belt, all of which have been welcomed with open arms by the blues community.

I'm very lucky.

My songwriting is an ongoing process, one I absolutely love and cherish.

I gotta say...I love songwriting almost as much as I love singing and I really, really, REALLY LOVE singing :)

As for new tunes, I've got some great ideas for future albums, and my songwriting seems to have naturally progressed into something a bit more edgy and in-your-face. Really excited about some of the new songs I've written.

And there you have it...a little update on what's been going on.

And something's definitely going on :)

Now I'm off...into the city...to be inspired, to snap some mobile photos, and to breath in the excitement of one of the greatest cities in the world.

A presto,

Gina

xoxo

No comments: